January 23 - 28 2022
What is Program Connection?
Program Connection is a meeting of faith-based programmatic minds; a space where those who love camp and conference program can discuss theory and practice. We come together searching for new ideas, seeking answers to questions, and sharing our favorite resources. It is built upon the idea that we build each other up and improve our ministries through the sharing of ideas, insight experience, and networking. We spend time in discussion, spiritual retreat, and workshops with experts in the field and leave refreshed, with lots of new ideas and resources.
Discussion Sessions and Resources
A majority of our time is spent in discussion, picking each other's brains about relevant topics. We ask participants to share topics which most interest them, and use our common experience to work toward best practices in those areas. Topics often include staff training, spiritual development (for campers and staff), new program ideas, ecumenical partnerships, and our role in a constantly shifting world.
One of the other great benefits is to share resources. Please plan to bring brochures, flyers, manuals, and other resources to share (paper or digital).
· Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (within 72 hours of the conference) is required of all participants to be a part of the event.
· Wearing masks indoors is required for everyone age 3 and older, when not eating or sleeping (even for fully-vaccinated people).
· We have a large dining hall and the whole space will be available exclusively for the Program Connection Group. There will be ample space for those who would prefer distanced seating.
· The nearest health care facility is in the town of Oregon. It is approximately 3 miles away from Stronghold. The nearest hospital is in the town of Dixon (15 miles away). If an attendee should exhibit symptoms associated with COVID 19, transportation will be provided to get that individual tested. There are also special lodging accommodations at Stronghold for this attendee while we wait for the test results.
· Daily housekeeping services for the lodging rooms will not be provided. Attendees will have the ability to replace room amenities (like towels) during their stay